Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
Experience:  I have sold Macintosh Computers since 1984. I started Sun Remarketing in 1983 and sold over 25,000.
16295453

Aloha I have a Samsung LAZER SCX-4725FN PRINTER FAX SCANNER

Aloha I have a Samsung LAZER SCX-4725FN PRINTER FAX SCANNER ,SCANNER DOES NOT WORK HOW CAN I GET IT TO WORK? I HAVE TWO MACS ONE IS A MONTH old10.5.6 MAC BOOK. THE OTHER IS iBOOKG4 10.4.11 3 YR OLD.
Aloha. Here is the download page for this printer;

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/download/supportDown.do?group=&type=&subtype=&model_nm=SCX-4725FN&language=&cate_type=all&dType=D&mType=DR&vType=&prd_ia_cd=06010300&disp_nm=SCX-4725FN&model_cd=&menu=download

Download the driver and run the installer on your Mac.

Do you mean that the printer works, just not the scanning? Has it ever worked?

I think Samsung should provide software to run the scanner, do you have that?

First off, when Samsung labels a button "Scan to PC", they mean it. That button only works with Windows PCs not Macs.

To get it to the Samsung SCX 4500 to scan on your Mac you need to acquire the image using some other software. I used Preview.

Put the picture or document that you want scanned on the bed. Open Preview. From the File menu, select the Import Image... option.

The scanner activates and you will see, you guessed it, a preview of what is to be scanned. Notice that the scan button is grayed out.

You now have to click and drag a box around what you want scanned. Once you draw your box identifying the exact image to be scanned, the Scan button is enabled. Now adjust any options, and hit Scan. Enjoy.

This post was helpful:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....sageID=5800155