Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Im running OS 10.5.6 and Mail 3.5 (930.3). lately no one can

Customer Question

I'm running OS 10.5.6 and Mail 3.5 (930.3). lately no one can open and receive my emaiuls with attachments. Whats up with that?
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 7 years ago.
Hello, and thank for seeking technical assistance for your Mac .I am Sr. Mac Support Specialist, TD at your service.

• I think I have an idea what may be going on. But before I make that determination, can you give me an idea what type of extensions the files have, that you are sending out as attachments? (.e. ".doc" for word, ".pdf" for portable document format, etc.)

• What applications are you using to create these files?

Your answers to the questions I have submitted, will allow me to work with more detailed information, in order to effectively answer your question. Thanks!

-TD

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm attaching .doc files from Word for Macver 11.5.3
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
so50. what now? I answered your questions and still no solution.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
cancel my request for help. This appears to be a rip off. with no help what so ever.

You have to allow me the opportunity to provide an answer for you
I am compiling an answer for you with links to aid you in your request. Am I still going to be able to do so?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Nio. The screen keeps asking me to answer yopur qurstions and I did. Cancel this request.
that is not of my doing. I asked only that one set of questions the first response. Now I have been putting together a viable solution for you since, and have not posted any more questions. I do not need more questions. Don't give up that fast. Provide me a few more minutes, without stopping to reply back and I do believe I can assist you. In fact I have the same version of Microsoft Office for Mac Word- version 11.5.3.

Just let me know if you still want the help. Otherwise, I will stop, we do not wish to be forceful with our customers if they wish to cancel. I just wanted to make sure you are aware your answer is being developed.

Let me know if this is acceptable otherwise, I will comply with your latter request.

-TD
The fact that you are using .doc file as your attachments is a good sign, But there could be corruption with the files.

I had set up a Mactech Share folder to have you send just one (non private) doc and upload to this share I developed (as I have done for other customers in the same situation) so I could use a few of my tools to examine the properties of one of your particular .doc files. We do have that capability but it takes your patience and willingness to let me help.

I leave this to your discretion. If I do not receive a reply, I take it you are still completed with this post and I will no longer reply, but submit this post to be closed.

Thanks

-TD