Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
Experience:  I have sold Macintosh Computers since 1984. I started Sun Remarketing in 1983 and sold over 25,000.
16295453

i keep getting kicked off of yahoo mail and have to log in

Customer Question

i keep getting kicked off of yahoo mail and have to log in after only a few minutes
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
Go to Yahoo! Mail and at the top of the page next to your username click the drop-down arrow and select 'Sign out of chat'. You will be immediately logged off the new MAIL CHAT and remain until you manually log in again.

Read more about it at this link (source)Go to Yahoo! Mail and at the top of the page next to your username click the drop-down arrow and select 'Sign out of chat'. You will be immediately logged off the new MAIL CHAT and remain until you manually log in again.

Read more about it at this link (source) http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i am confused - are you telling me that if i sign out of chat then i won't get kicked off of yahoo mail? i have never had this problem before but for the past month.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i have tried and am signed out of chat but still get kicked off

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
this has nothing to do with yahoo chat - i am set up to be logged in to yahoo mail without signing in again for 2 weeks but it keeps kicking me off
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
THE ANSWER IF NOT SATISFACTORY AND DID NOT HELP I AM WAITING FOR INFO BEFORE I ACCEPT AND WILL AUTHORIZE PAYMENT
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
When you get to Yahoo Mail click on MAIL CLASSIC until we figure this out.

Check that your browser is set to accept cookies (a cookie is a small piece of information stored by your browser that helps identify you). See link for yahoo cookie requirement. http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/settings/settings-11.html
Depending on what browser your using follow the settings below to save cookies.

In Safari go to PREFERENCES then SECURITY and make surer you are accepting cookies. And under the SAFARI menu choose reset Safari.

Also check the cookies are not being deleted by anti spyware or other software you have on your computer check the links below to see other possible causes.