Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

How do I get my BlackBerry Storm to sync with my mac book pro

Customer Question

How do I get my BlackBerry Storm to sync with my mac book pro? I have PocketMac and supposedly it is supposed to sync everything, but, my computer won't even recognize that it inserted. What do I need to change in settings or whatever for this problem to be solved? PS I have already donwloaded the driver update.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Hai I am Ashik. I think I can help you

First Download the latest version of Pocket Mac : Click here to download (Please note that the download link will take you to the Blackberry Site and its free to download)

Secondly,Have you enabled the Mass Storage Mode?

If not, that may be the last thing you need to do

On the BB go to Options>Memory

Change Mass Storage Support to ON

Change Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode when Connected to YES or PROMPT.

If it not works try this....

If you already have Pocket-Mac on your computer, you must uninstall it along with several additional files. The exact directions are important and are provided on support page by requesting the Doc ID: KB10438 or Click here ( It will take to the Complete Uninstallation Support Page)

After you have re-installed Pocket Mac it should be able to find your Storm under "Status - Device". If not (and this is what took me so long to figure out), Remove the battery from your Storm for at least 30 seconds and then replace it. When it reboots (you won't lose any information) if you are asked if you want to use your phone as a mass media storage device, say "Yes". That's all it takes!

If it didn't Work then try this Final Step

Step 1: Download & Install Pocket Mac

Once installed the version will show as 1.2 (1.4) which is fine.

Step 2: Go into your HD, then System, then Libary and delete the two files called BlackBerryUSB.kext & BlackBerryUSBDev.kext, then restart your computer and then install the update also found here:

Step 3: On your BlackBerry Storm go to Options, then Memory, Set the Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) option to Off.

Set the Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected option to either Yes or Prompt. Save the changes. Remove the battery from the BlackBerry smartphone. Replace the battery and allow the BlackBerry smartphone to return to the Home screen. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.Open PocketMac 4.1.25 for BlackBerry smartphones. The BlackBerry smartphone should connect to the PocketMac Sync Manager Software.

The tech page for this can be found here:

If this dosnt work, make sure you are on OSX 10.5 Leopard. It only works with this system.

Oh sorry one last thing... Your Blackberry should show on your desktop as a drive called: BlackBerry1 and if you have a memory card in it this will show up as a drive too....

If my answer helped you to solve your problem please click "Accept" button and please give a good feedback. Your feedback is very important to me.If not please reply we can try to solve that problem.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
okay, i have tried all of these and they do not work. It won't even recognize that it is plugged in. It shows the BlackBerry 1 and 2 icons on the desktop but when i click on bb on the app, the device is blank and the status is available. What do I do?
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Goto this site and buy a software called MissingSync. Sync using this software and i hope it works.
Download Missing Sync Free : You can download from here (as Rapidshare) or here (as a torrent)

If my answer helped you to solve your problem please click "Accept" button and please give a good feedback.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Will the missing sync do the same thing as pocket mac and can I delet pocket mac now?
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
I think so...dont delete pocket mac. Try the missing sync, if it worked you can delete Pocket Mac