Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
Experience:  I have sold Macintosh Computers since 1984. I started Sun Remarketing in 1983 and sold over 25,000.
16295453

RE PictureProject. Have followed all steps to transfer pics

RE: PictureProject. Have followed all steps to transfer pics from a disc on desktop. Result '0' pictures transferred.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 8 years ago.
Are you trying to more these picture to iPhoto? Write me back and tell me exactly what you want to do.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am trying to move these pictures into the library of photos in PictureProject.
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 8 years ago.
OK, Let me understand. You have PictureProject with your Nikon camera. You want to move pictures from ???? into your PictureProject application. What do you want to do with pictures moved to PictureProject?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
As I said in my original question, I am trying to move pictures from a disc on my desktop into PictureProject.

I have even made a folder on my desktop and put the images into that folder. But following the 'Import Assistant' that doesn't work either.
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 8 years ago.
Are the pictures that you are importing taken with a Nikon Camera?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes they were
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 8 years ago.
OK I am thinking that maybe the photos were not in the right format to import them. Did you get an error message or did it behave like it was working but didn't really move anything?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I did NOT get an error message.....but it DID behave through all steps that it was working properly but didn't really move anything.

As far as the photos being in the right format - they are a digitalized scan from older slides done by a commercial local photo store.
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 8 years ago.
That is my concern is that they might not be compatible files. I have read on line about some issues with PictureProject. Have you considered iPhoto as a central place to keep your photos?