MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years

How can I get rid of Trends in my Web History

Hello, and thank for seeking technical assistance for your Mac .I am Sr. Mac Support Specialist, TD at your service.

Here are some steps I recommend you try to resolve the issue with

This link will take you through a brief step-by-step process on how to remove select items from your web history.

I am providing this link which is directly from Google Account support pages, because you did specify just removing Web Trends and not your entire Web History.

There is a small link within that page, which will allow you to remove individual items without deleting all of your web history, that I want to bring to your attention, when you visit the link below.

Remove Items in Web History

If you have need for further assistance, please do not hesitate to reply back to this post.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Once I click on Trends to access that page the rmove button becomes inactive. How do I individualy select Trends for removal?
Hello again Gregg.

Now per the previous post I provided you I went right to work on providing steps for you to remove trends from web history, via Google.

I want to take one slight step back and inquire: you are referring to the Web History Trends via Google, it this correct?

I want to make sure we are on the same page. I am familiar primarily with Trends via Google, so just want to clarify if that is where the source of your question lies.

Thanks for your feedback in advance.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes. Web History Trends via Google
Alright that is what I thought Gregg.

Now here is the full scope of this issue:

Web History Trends is part of the Google framework.
The only way to stop Trends is to stop Web History altogether.
The way Trends works, it was created as a built-function within
Google Web History's framework, the same way Spotlight is a built-in feature
of Mac OS X's framework.

You can Pause and Remove Web History which will affect the updating of Trends
but there is no way to outright delete Trends I'm afraid. This is why the Pause and Remove are not avaliable for Trends.

Now if you select Pause for Web History, this is what you will see:

You will be able to do this for Web History, because the Pause and Remove is now available. As you see below, it shows Resume, because Web History has been paused. Click Resume and the Web History is unpaused. Again, to Remove would be to completely permanently remove Web History which would take Trends with it.
So unfortunately this is all you can do in regards XXXXX XXXXX

If you have more questions regarding this subject, I am here ready to assist. Thanks!

Best Regards,