Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
Experience:  I have sold Macintosh Computers since 1984. I started Sun Remarketing in 1983 and sold over 25,000.

Suddenly my G5 cant open downloaded files, they look like

Suddenly my G5 can't open downloaded files, they look like pc files ?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
What kind of files are you downloading? It might be that your computer just doesn't know what application to open with.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
hey Bob ...It keeps saying "there is no default app spec to open the document" no I'm running a G5 w 10.4.11 but I can download and open the same files on my Macbook Pro . Also my idisk utilit has suddenly gone missing..
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
Right Click (or control click) on the download. You'll see a popup window. Choose OPEN WITH and select an application that matches. Once your computer knows how to handle that type of file you should be fine.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hey Bob
Not working .. it says none and then when I go to with and click on say stuffit ex it just quits ..
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
OK Let's check to see if your files are scrambled. Open APPLICATIONS - UTILITES - DISK UTIL. Click on the button for repair file permissions.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I really want to thank you for sticking with me here. I found that my idisk Utility at about the same time turned up as a question mark in my dock , and all my other macs are intels w 10.5 ..I'm trying to find my back up to re-install my utilities.
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
I think if you can run disk utilities you could choose the REPAIR DISK option and maybe solve this issue.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
that's what I think as well. I love your service and will def use it again...Let me try that!
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
OK, Please let me know.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
how do I contact you again ..?
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
You can use this service and continue this discussion thread.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Great! Thanx again!
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
I'll wait to talk with you again.