Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
Experience:  I have sold Macintosh Computers since 1984. I started Sun Remarketing in 1983 and sold over 25,000.

How do I use my Blackberry Storm as a modem I need all of

Customer Question

How do I use my Blackberry Storm as a modem? I need all of the steps and does it work via bluetooth or via usb? oh, and my browser us safari..... i accidentally put mozzilla
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 5 years ago.
BLACKBERRY STORM AND MAC OSX CAN CONNECT WITH BLUETOOTH TO THE INTERNET!

Here is a way to connect with bluetooth...IT WORKS! I am using a macbook with osx 10.4 (tiger) and blackberry storm.

i also suggest installing pocketmac, i did before i set this up, it should not matter but you never know....

first of all go here and follow the instructions to install the modem scripts:

http://www.fibble.org/archives/2007/10/updated-modem-s.html

remove any bluetooth pairing with your blackberry storm. restart the mac.

set up pairing as you would normally.

open internet connect. use the following settings to connect:

>Tel number : Internet
> User: web
> Pass: webs

IMPORTANT: edit the configuration and select the blackberry 8800 modem.

connect and it should work fine!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i will try this later, but thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
okay I tried and it timed out... what do I do about this
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 5 years ago.
You can leave and come back. Choose "My Questions" to get back to this page.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no, im sorry. I meant the bluetooth connection timed out
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 5 years ago.
Did it time out before you finished pairing with your Mac?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ya, I was in the proceess when a pop up appeared saying that there was an error and the connection timed out
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I need you to give me all of the steps, what to do on my phone, and my computer, because I am sooooo confused
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 5 years ago.
First you need to install the modem scripts:

You can find the modem scripts at this link;

Open PREFERENCE then BLUETOOTH and remove any bluetooth pairing with your blackberry storm. restart the mac.

Go back to PREFERENCE and BLUETOOTH and set up pairing as you would normally. This is were your Mac discovers your phone.

Use the following settings in the BLUETOOTH setup to connect:

>Tel number : Internet
> User: web
> Pass: webs

connect and it should work fine!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how do I install the modem scripts
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 5 years ago.
Click on the link that I provided.
Then click on the link for the script. That will download the new scripts.
Unzip that file and drag that file into Macintosh HD:Library:Modem Scripts.

Then continue with the instructions that I have already given to you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
where do I go to edit the configuration and select the blackberry 8800 modem
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 5 years ago.
That is also in my previous answer.

Open SYSTEM PREFERENCES

choose NETWORK

Click on BLUETOOTH on the left. The settings are on the right.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes, but where do I go to select the bb 8800 modem
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 5 years ago.
If the script is in the right folder all you have to do is click the button SETUP BLUETOOTH DEVICE.
It should be on the list.
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
Experience: I have sold Macintosh Computers since 1984. I started Sun Remarketing in 1983 and sold over 25,000.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok, i tried that and it worked. Let me now try to use it as a modem
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it worked as my modem but would only go to a vzw page that ask me to subscribe to some plan. I am under my dads corporate plan that has unlimited data so do I need to buy this? Also, will it work with iTunes and other apps that require internet access. Thanks for ur patience and sorry it took so much of ur time.
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 5 years ago.
You will have to have the plan to access Verizon's network. You can't see any web pages or iTunes unless you have network access.