MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
15556539

i need help as my mac wont send my e mail

Customer Question

i can receive my e mails but the ones that i want to send are stuck in my in box. this happened when i went to abroad and i got someone to sort it i think they worked on the settings, i am sure its an easy thing to sort out but im very basic in my use, i have urgent files o be sent asap to a magazine many thanks for your quick response
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank for seeking technical assistance for your Mac .I am Sr. Mac Support Specialist, TD at your service.

If possible, would you mind providing me :

• What version of Mac OS X you are using? (i.e. "Mac OS X 10.5.6" or "Mac OS X 10.4.11" etc)
• From the Mail aspect- are you using Mac OS X Mail or accessing your mail through a web browser?

Thanks, I await your response.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
im lost sorry how do i fine out the answer to the above questions the type of mac? my mac is picking up wifi in my apartment that is through my B.T. phone connection i have wifi installed, my i phone is working just fine with sending its just the computer i think it is maybe on the wrong setting.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
im going to go into my mailbox to see which computer i bought
Thanks for your prompt reply and not a problem.

To find the version # XXXXX your Mac:

• Click on the Apple Menu icon (black or blue Apple icon located in upper left corner of your screen)

graphic

• Select About this Mac

• A small window will open like this:
graphic
- you should now see your Mac OS X version

In your Mac, within in any application, all you need to do is click on that Application's name and from the menu that drops down, select "About (the application name)" and
just like the example above the version and other information will pop up in a small window.

This also applies to your Mail application.

Let me know it this helps.

I await your reply. Thanks!

-TD
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok its a mac book pro mac osx version 10.5.2
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
can we continue with this tomorrow now as I have a small baby and its late here in england
Understood and I will be more than ready to help.

But to start you on the right track, I have a few steps for you to try:

Again- Click on the Apple Menu icon (black or blue Apple icon located in upper left corner of your screen)
• Now select Software Update...

graphic

Follow the on screen instructions from the next window and run all of your Software updates. This will update your Mac operating system from Mac OS X10.5.2 to the lastest update of Mac OS X 10.5.6. as well as a number of important updates for your Mac. It is recommended you run all the updates.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After you update your Mac to Mac OS X 10.5.6, then click the link below:
This is a Mail Update that you will also need to update in your Mac. It is because it is designed to address mail stability issues in Mac OS X 10.5.6.

Mail Update for Mac OS X 10.5.6

I am providing this information for you, as preliminary options, to help you resolve your Mail issue. However, I am aware that you do wish work on this tomorrow, so if you would like to wait to try these steps with me in close email correspondence with you then, that is not a problem.

If this works for you, just let me know. I am looking forward to assisting you to help resolve your Mail issue.

Best Regards,

-TD
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok thankyou all the above you have asked me to do its now done
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hello any chance to move forward with this problem, i sent the above yesterday thankyou
Thanks for your reply.

Now that you have run software updates and have run the Mac OS X Update for Mac OS X 10.5.6 . Here is what I need to know.

- Are you using Mac OS X Mail to access your Mail?

(Stamp icon on your Dock)
graphic
- What is the name of your email service? (for example, .Mac, MSN, Gmail, Yahoo, etc)
- Also, is your email still locked within the inbox?

- I am asking these questions carefully, as I understand you are a newer user to Mac. Additionally, with you providing me answers to these questions, will enable me to isolate why your email is stuck in the inbox.

I await your reply with this information.
Thanks!

-TD
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hello, i am sorry but i needed this problem resolved very quickly so i have had to get a mac expert to come to my studio to do it, i trust the money has not been debited from my account? best wishes
That is no problem at all. In fact I am glad you too that course of action, if anything, due to the urgency of your needs for getting to the emails you needed.

As JustAnswer utilizes a very efficient emailing system, we do work as diligently as we can, as your Mac Experts to acquire as much information from you, our valued customers. This way we strive to work as expeditiously as possible to resolve your Mac technical question/ issue.

My apologies, for not being able to continue, as I did require more information regarding your Mail services to strive to isolate why the mail was stuck in your inbox.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now in regards, XXXXX XXXXX your Deposit back, as your MacExpert, I do not handle billing questions/requests.

However, here is the number for JustAnswer.com Customer service and their Billing Link:

Customer Service - 00 + 1 +(NNN) NNN-NNNN(Available Mon-Fri - 9am - 6pm PST)

Link for more Billing FAQs (for present and future tense)
JA Billing

I hope this helps and and hope the onsite MacExpert you requested, will get your email up and going once again.

Thank you again, for contacting JustAnswer.com and we hope you will come see us again, anytime you have a Mac technical question. Thank you!

Sincerest Regards,

-TD