Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Okay, I booted up my Imac and I now have a grey screen, and

Customer Question

Okay, I booted up my Imac and I now have a grey screen, and a dark grey apple in the middle, and nothing else is happening . . .   helpl!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Do you have a Intel imac (not power pc)
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
It could potentially be the hard drive. I would recommend booting up to the restore disc 1 that came with your computer and run Disk Utility from the Utilities menu to try to repair the computer's file structure or repair permissions. You can boot up to the install disc with the disc inserted and holding down "C" on the keyboard. After selecting English as the main language you can access Utilities menu at the top of the screen.
What will tell you if you're in trouble or not is if disk utility says S.M.A.R.T. Status: Failed. If its failed you'll have to erase the hard drive and restore from your Time Machine backup. If not, chances are the disk repair or disk permissions verification should clear up the issue.
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
If you like my service please provide a Feedback to me.
Thanks for using JustAnswer