Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm

The keyboard clicks on the 3G iPhone still dont work. You

Customer Question

The keyboard clicks on the 3G iPhone still don't work. You never answered my question. How do I make the keyboard clicks turn back on?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 7 years ago.
Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your iPhone. Let's see if we can narrow this down.

First, make sure your silent switch it's on. It's located above the volume rocker on the side of the iPhone. If you see a red/orange color, move the switch so you don't see it. Try typing.

If that didnt help, make sure under Settings > Sound > Vibrate is set to off.

If neither of these work for you, it is possible that your iPhone needs to be replaced. Apple is aware of this issue and I have read that they will replace the iPhone at no charge.

See this discussion thread for more info.