Rob
Rob, Mac Genius
Experience:  14 years Mac experience, 10 years Mac Consulting, ran a printshop for 23 years.
11909858

I accidentally deleted my keychain access utility folder making

Customer Question

I accidentally deleted my keychain access utility folder making this a big problem...I get requests on Safari and some other apps prompting me for password XXXXX have to hit cancel twice before going on...needless to say the problem has driven me crazy...I thought the folder deletion was going to cure the problem but has made it much worse...any thoughts how to fix the problem (i.e get the keychain utility) and make it so I don't have to keep hitting cancel on the prompts?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Rob replied 5 years ago.

Which version of the Mac operating system are you using? If you are using Mac OS 10.5, are you using Time Machine as a backup? If so, we can get it back with Time Machine.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
10.4.11
Expert:  Rob replied 5 years ago.
Ok, well I guess the simplest way is for me to give you a copy of Keychain Access. You can get it from my Public folder at my me.com account.

Go to the Finder and under the Go menu select iDisk/Other Users Public Folder

enter bub9461

and you can grab it there.

This is the actual Keychain Access app for 10.4.11 that is supposed to be located in the Applications/Utilities folder
Rob, Mac Genius
Experience: 14 years Mac experience, 10 years Mac Consulting, ran a printshop for 23 years.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you very much. Hope we don't talk for a while. :)
Expert:  Rob replied 5 years ago.
Oh, I had to zip it to be able to do this. You will have to double click it to unzip it. Then put it in your Applications/Utilities folder
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I need a password XXXXX get there
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I need a password XXXXX get there

Expert:  Rob replied 5 years ago.
You shouldn't need my password. Make sure you select:

Other User's Public Folder

Not Other User's iDisk
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Don't I need a me.com account to do this?
Expert:  Rob replied 5 years ago.
I don't think so. Have you tried and it's not working?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the first page asks for member name and password
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the first page asks for member name and password...couldn't get in

Expert:  Rob replied 5 years ago.
Ok, I just put a temporary password XXXXX there so you can grab it. I'm going to change this back to my real password XXXXX so grab it real quick and post back here as soon as you get it.

The password XXXXX

mobileme

all lower case
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Got it! Thanks so much!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Got it! Thanks so much!

Expert:  Rob replied 5 years ago.
You're welcome. Now put it in it's place.....Applications/Utilities and see how things go. You may even want to restart your computer after putting it in place.