Rob, Mac Genius
Experience:  14 years Mac experience, 10 years Mac Consulting, ran a printshop for 23 years.

New Question for Rob After reinstalling Leopard and finally

Customer Question

New Question for Rob: After reinstalling Leopard and finally being able to log in, I still am unable to Burn iDVD presentation. After about 8 minutes (multiple tries), it says something like 'error in encoding menus /slide show. Burning has been canceled.' Can you help??
Category: Mac
Expert:  Rob replied 7 years ago.
I'm not sure if I can help or not. I have only used iDVD once and got impatient with it because it was so slow. Well, have you ever burned a DVD successfully before with iDVD? I know you have to make sure you use the correct DVDs that your computer. One of my computers is an iMac G5 2.0 Ghz. If you have the same iMac as mine these are the DVDs and CDs that can be burned with it according to

Apple reports that the slot-loading 8X DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW SuperDrive "writes DVD+R DL discs at up to 2.4x speed, writes DVD-R and DVD+R discs at up to 8x speed, writes DVD-RW and DVD+RW discs at up to 4x speed, reads DVDs at up to 8x speed, writes CD-R discs at up to 24x speed, writes CD-RW discs at up to 8x, [and] CDs at up to 24x speed."

Here is that page at

You could try restarting also and then burning again.