Jeremy Chow
Jeremy Chow, Mac Genius
Experience:  Use of Mac OS both professionally (design/web oriented) and individually for the past 7 years

I have unlocked and jailbroken my iphone 2G using QuickPwn.

I have unlocked and jailbroken my iphone 2G using QuickPwn. I am running the 2.2.1 version of itunes and my modem firmware is 04.05.04. I am trying to use T-mobile on my unlocked phone, but I understand that I have to go back to a firmware of 2.28 or less to run T-mobile. Is this true and if so, how do i "downgrade" my firmware? Any help/advice is appreciated. I am using a Mac laptop for my itunes library. OS is 10.5 leopard.

As far as I am aware, you will need to use Pwnagetool instead of Quickpwn to achieve this. The reason being that you will need extra bootloader files to create a custom ipsw (firmware) image to load to your phone.

The full tutorial is available from iClarified.

Let me know if this is helpful! :-)