Jeremy Chow
Jeremy Chow, Mac Genius
Experience:  Use of Mac OS both professionally (design/web oriented) and individually for the past 7 years
14676049

Lap Top iBook G4 with Mac OS 10.4.11 running Classic 9.2 Problem

Lap Top iBook G4 with Mac OS 10.4.11 running Classic 9.2 Problem: when I try to open MS Works 4.0 (classic application) I get this message: "Open Dictionary - Unable to read the dictionary of the application or extension because it is not scriptable" at which point the Apple Script application opens. PS: I am running the same application on two other computers with the same system one a G3 imac and the other a G4.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jeremy Chow replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer

Firstly, check if the application has a .app extension - if it doesn't then try adding this to the end of the filename and it could solve the problem.

Secondly, if the file does have this then you will need to try and reinstall the application as it may not have installed in its entirety.

Let me know how you get on. :-)
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you. I could not imagine it being so simple to solve. My other two computers do not have the .app extension on the filename and work OK. One of those mysteries that I will never understand.
Very random - I agree! :-) Thanks for accepting the answer.