Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting

I cant get my e-mails to send as I get a message saying mail

I can't get my e-mails to send as I get a message saying "mail cannot verify identity of", also that the certificate for this server was signed by an unknown certifying authority. Also last night a window popped up saying I had "trojans", whatever that is. Can you help me? Thanks..Linda

First, ignore any popup that says you have trojans.

Macs don't really have issues with those and that popup is an Internet Ad that is supposed to scare you into buying there spyware removal tools.

They are targeted at PC users, but Mac users think they have them and panic.

Don't. It means nothing to you, so just ignore it, close the window, or if it is persistent one, quit and open the browser again.

As far as the .Mac certificate, if you can continue, do so. I get those at least once a day because Apple is phasing out .Mac in favor of MobileMe.

You could also go to your Mail application and change any references in the account settings for your .mac mail to instead of

It will still work and that should remove your messages.

If this Answer has helped you, please click Accept so I can be
paid for assisting. Positive Feedback is also appreciated!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Mike, thank you so, so much! What a great service this is! I appreciate your help and it is nice to know about those ads so I don't have to worry. Thanks for your speedy reply.
No problem and thank you for the Accept!!

Come back again.