Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
4906461

my iTunes is having issues with downloads. I keep getting

my iTunes is having issues with downloads. I keep getting a warning that the files may be corrupt and then to check the available downloads again in the iTunes store. I've contacted Apple and they told me to check my firewall and any anti virus software that I use, which I don't have and I use the firewall on the Mac. I have tried resetting my interent, that doesn't work. I have called my ISP and they can't help me. I have also updated my wireless router and that didn't help. I can download songs on my iPod using another internet access but not the access at my house. Any ideas as to what I can try next to solve my current issue?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

Have you turned off the Firewall altogether and tried?

I personally hate that firewall and never use it if I am behind a router with NAT on. I would try without the Firewall and see if the problem persists.

If it does, you may have a corrupted Library and may have to start a new one and import the XML file into it to get back to a clean slate.

Let me know,
_____________________________________________
If this Answer has helped you, please click Accept so I can be
paid for assisting. Positive Feedback is also appreciated!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Exporting the library to XML and then importing the file into a new library did not help. Turning off the firewall also did not help.
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
Ok,

Can you run Disk Utility and see if the drive itself is having issues?

You will need to boot from your Installer disk or I can give you instructions to run it without the disk.

Let me know,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What do you mean boot the drive from the Installer disk? I ran disk utility and it said it was working fine.
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
Ok, what I saw above was you ran the permissions. You ran Verify Disk as well? You cannot repair the drive while it is running, that is why I wanted to repair it while booted from the Installer Disk.

But if Verify said disk was good no sense running that as well.

The only thing then that I can come up with is a Archive & Install of the OS and replace the System

That would leave your files etc.. intact, but replace the system with a new one.

What do you think?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm already in that process right now. Takes a while though. I'll let you know if that fixes it.
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
OK, Good.

Get back to me if you need anything else.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
what are .dmg files and why when I try to open them do they say that they failed to mount? I am trying to re-download itunes and it is not working.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I finally figured it out, after messing around with my computer the real problem was my wireless router. I didn't think it was the problem because I could still browse the internet but for some reason it was not allowing downloads.
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

For the first reply. dmg files are little Disk Drives compressed into software. You mount them on the Desktop and then run the installer or copy the software off of them.

If they do not mount, they are corrupted.

For the second reply, good to hear you figured it out. That is why the dmg's don;t mount either. They were corrupted as well.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Your answer didn't solve my problem. That is why I have not accepted your answer.