Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I shot an event with a Canon 40D, and downloaded the images

Customer Question

I shot an event with a Canon 40D, and downloaded the images to my mac computer. For some reason 80% of the images cannot be opened. The files are a solid dark gray in color with a green script in the upper left corner of each one which says, "Exec". The message says, "Could not complete your request because Photoshop does not recognize this type of file"
Category: Mac
Expert:  Claws224 replied 7 years ago.

Usually this would indicate an old Unix executable file format, Or to put it another way your Mac has somehow lost the ability to auto recognise the file and open it, So could you download the latest version of Camera Raw plug-in http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4219 and put it in your

/Library/Application/Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CSwhatever/File/Formats/Camera/Raw.plugin folder then restart yoru machine and see if the files open.

Let us know what happens.

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am not sure shere to place the downloaded file
Expert:  Claws224 replied 7 years ago.

Ok,

Can you open yoru hard drive from the Mac Hard drive link on your desktop then navigate to /Library then /Application then /Support then /Adobe/Plug-Ins then/CS3,4,5, (or whatever version you have) then go to /File then /Formats and place the new camera raw driver in there

Once done close the window and restart your Mac.

Let me know what happens or if you need clarification

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hey Claws, I cannot resolve my probblem as I am not sure if I downloaded the stufff correctly.you recommended. It's laate now, so Ill talk to you tomorrow. Thanks
Expert:  Claws224 replied 7 years ago.

No problem,

Just log back in to Just Answer and let me know when you wish to contine.

Thanks