Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

Have a first generation Iphone which worked properly with older

Have a first generation Iphone which worked properly with older gen software. Since the last two versions have been downloaded have nothing but problems. Anyone know where I can get the earlier versions and download them. Apple doesn't support this!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Claws224 replied 7 years ago.

So are you wishing to downgrade the firmware to an earlier version?

If so do you know what version number you are wishing to get?

Let us know

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What I am trying to get back to is whatever the version was 3 changes ago. Don't have the phone here but I think the number of the newest one is 2.0.2 ETC.I don.t remember the numbers before that but I think that the one I am after is 1.8 or something like that. Anyway, do you have a source for the software other than Apple?
Expert:  Claws224 replied 7 years ago.

If you follow this link you can download the older firmware files for your phone

Just download the version you want and save it somewhere you can find it, Next open iTunes and once open connect your phone than press and hold the shift key down and click Restore at which point yoru mac should ask you which firmware you wish to restore, Just browse to the one you downloaded and let it restore that version.

Let me know if you need more info.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Does it matter if I have a windows machine instead of a mac?
Expert:  Claws224 replied 7 years ago.

If yo uhave a PC all you do is download the file you want to your desktop then open iTunes and connect your phone.

Once the phone is recognised and shows in iTunes just hold down the SHIFT key and click Restore then choose the file from yoru desktop and follow the prompts to load the older firmware.

Let me know if you need more info.