Daniel, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  I'm a long time Mac User with over 15 years experience supporting mac users in K-12 education.

Is there any way to recover a never saved file that my boyfriend

Customer Question

Is there any way to recover a never saved file that my boyfriend accidentally closed and clicked "don't save" from Microsoft word.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 years ago.

Unfortunately, once you tell the program you don't need it, it is gone forever. There is only one slim-to-none chance you can get it back if you have Auto Save turned on and the program is force quit.

Auto Save- saves the document in the event the program quits unexpectly. When the program is launched again, it should attempt to load the file that was not closed properly.

I kind of don't think this will work though, because it had already been told to close without saving.