MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years

How do I change the sata cable (running to my 2nd hard drive)

How do I change the sata cable (running to my 2nd hard drive) in my Mac G5 (2005)?
Hello and thank you for your question. I am Sr. Mac Support Specialist, TD, ready to assist you.

* Are you seeking to remove the Sata Cable and replace it because it is damaged?
* Could you also provide me what is the processor speed of your Mac G5 2005? (i.e. "Dual Core 2.0")

If you could provide me this information, I can probe further to determine the best answer for your question.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX forward to your response.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It's a Dual Core 2.3 and yes. I want to replace the SATA Cable.
Hello I am sorry this took some time, but I had to find the right support resource for you, in regards XXXXX XXXXX request to change out your SATA Cable out of your Power Mac G5 (2005).

Please click the link below. This link will provide you access to download the PM G5 .pdf manual of the DIY (Do It Yourself) guide, which will provide you through the necessary steps to remove the SATA cable from your Power Mac G5 (2005) and replace it.

If you have more questions or require further assistance, please don't hesitate to reply back to me.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I went to the site but it won't open on my browser (safari)
Sorry about that, I have several file sharing services I use, just in case something like that happens.

Try this link:

This one should work.

Let me know if I can be of more assistance. Thanks!