Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I would like to take video on my video camera and transfer

Customer Question

I would like to take video on my video camera and transfer it to my mac computer OS X, edit the video, and burn the video onto DVDs for playback on my TV.   I pretty much decided my old video camera was non-Mac compatible.   Visited MACs website and saw a listing of "mac compatible video cameras" where the Canon DC20 was listed. Bought one off ebay. I don't see instructions in the booklet about using it with MAC - I can use it with Windows XP (which I have because my MAC runs both with VMware), but my computer doesn't accept the little mini-DVDS that the camera uses.     Should I give up now or continue to pull my hair out?   (I can't afford to keep buying video cameras until I find one that likes my computer)    Any help (and talk it down to a first-grade level if you can....)
Category: Mac
Expert:  Claws224 replied 7 years ago.

HI,

Seeing as your Canon DC20 is a mini DVD camcorder in order to use it you will have to purchase an external DVD drive so that you can then read your mini DVD disks.

Once you have an external drive you will then be able to import your DVD movies into a program like iMovie and do whatever you wish before burning the results onto a normal size DVD disk using your Macs superdrive.

Let us know if you need more info or clarification.

Thanks