Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

My desktop suddenly changed. The font is much larger and when

My desktop suddenly changed. The font is much larger and when opening applications (e.g. safari) they no longer fit on the screen. To the best of my knowledge I didn't change anything. How can I return to the original settings?

If this happens for all of your program windows could you please try to click the Apple icon then choose System Preferences and select the Displays Panel and choose the Display tab.

Next on the left of the Displays tab you can select a resolution of at least 1024x768 unless you have a specific reason to use a lower resolution.

Once finished just quit or close the System Preferences window and let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It seems to have successfully resized the desk top, though the display for this site still doesn't fit in the window,

Glad that took care of the majority of it.

Can you tell me whaich browser you are using, Is it Firefox?