Shawn
Shawn, Computer Engineer
Experience:  15 years of Mac software and hardware troubleshooting experience, 10 years of programming experience
13058298

I have purchased my website name and hosting from enom.com.

I have purchased my website name and hosting from enom.com. I have created a website from iweb (ilife09). I published it through mobileme, but you can't get to it by just typing in "mysitename".com, it goes through a ".me" address. When I called tech support from enom.com, they said I needed to get the "record type" (cname?) and "address" and that I had to get that from apple. Can you tell me where I need to go to get this info or can I just publish it through mobileme and use my direct "websitename.com" without .me in the address?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Shawn replied 7 years ago.

If your new service provides both a domain name AND hosting, then you don't need to publish through MobileMe at all. In iWeb, open your website and choose File > Publish to a Folder. Save it to the desktop. Then, follow the instructions that enom.com gave you for uploading your website files. Then you should be all set!

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions. Kind regards,

Shawn

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
that option isn't available on iweb 09. under file I only have: publish entire site and then it automatically publishes through mobileme.
Expert:  Shawn replied 7 years ago.

Aahhhh okay - yeah, Apple moved it in the newest version. Now you can publish straight to FTP. Apple has a great tutorial on how to do this:

http://www.apple.com/ilife/tutorials/#iweb-ftp

Just to confirm - have you purchased domain hosting service only, or have you also purchased web hosting space?

Let me know how that works for you. Kind regards,

Shawn

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I found that, but I don't know the "ftp service setting" and the server address.
Expert:  Shawn replied 7 years ago.

I need to log off for the evening and am going to opt out so that another expert can help you. Kind regards,

Shawn