MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
15556539

I am unable to connect to itunes store through my wireless

Customer Question

I am unable to connect to itunes store through my wireless connection. I can connect through ethernet cable directly to my router. I have reinstalled the program and reset all of my wireless connections. All other internet functions are fine. itunes will even download updates for my iphone. I also tried it under different user accounts and set my firewall to allow any communication from itunes.
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for asking your question,
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, TD, glad to assist you.

I see that you having an issue with connecting to iTunes via your wireless connection.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could you provide me with the following information, so I can better assist you with your technical question:

• What model of Mac do you have?
• What version of Mac OS X are you using?
• What type of router are you using?
• Lastly, what version of iTunes do you have?

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX be looking forward to your reply.

-TD
Hello, and thank you for asking your question, I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, TD, glad to assist you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Could you provide me with the following information, so I can better assist you with your technical question:

• What model of Mac do you have?
• What type of router are you using?

-TD
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
MacBook 2.16 - 2MB RAM - 200GB Drive
OS 10.5.6
Netgear router WGT624
itunes 8.0.2
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Also, I updated my iphone's software and right after the itunes store pulled up. I tried it again this morning and no luck. I pugged the iphone back in and still no luck.
Thanks for the reply, sorry for the repeat post earlier.

I believe what you are experiencing is a bug in the new iTunes 8.0.2 update

Although I understand the iTunes has been reinstalled and does work via your direct connection, but still not thru wireless,
Try these steps to see if this can help:

* If connected, disconnected your iPhone from your Mac
* Open new Finder window
* Select from Sidebar, your Home folder (the house icon w/your
username)
* Go to Library >Caches folder
* Remove the Caches folder to your Desktop
* Go back to Library >Preferences folder
* Remove the itunes.plist to your Desktop
* Log out and then log back in.

Next run Disk Utility (sometimes it does fix iTunes issues not
                        all the time, but sometimes)
* If you are unsure how to access Disk Utility, here is where you go:
* From Finder Menu bar, select "Go">Utilities>Disk Utilities
* Select Macintosh HD volume on left sidebar
* Run "Repair Disk Permissions"
* Allow it to run to completion (don't open iTunes during the repair
permissions)
--------------------------------------------
Upon Completion of Disk Utility

* Open iTunes and see if you can open the iTunes store first
wirelessly
* If you can, plug your iPhone back into your Mac and try to access
store again.

* If neither of these still do not work let me know and we will try some more troubleshooting steps.

There are some signs from my research that iTunes 8.0.2 may be buggy in some of its uses, but let's see if we can isolate the functionality issues you are have through some of these steps I have provided.

I will continue researching this issue while you try these steps.
Thanks!

-TD

Experience: Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Great! worked like a charm!

Thank You

Rob