Shawn
Shawn, Computer Engineer
Experience:  15 years of Mac software and hardware troubleshooting experience, 10 years of programming experience
13058298

how touch fix iTouch after water sensor activated

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Expert:  Shawn replied 8 years ago.

The best I can recommend is to let it dry out for at least a week before trying it again. Here are some instructions on things to try to get rid of water damage:

http://www.ipodwizard.net/showthread.php?t=5747

The water sensor doesn't keep the iPod from working if it's going to, it just tells Apple that the iPod has been under water if it comes in for warranty repair.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions. Kind regards,

Shawn
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
it was not what I was looking for. the ipod and itouch are entirely different in relation to its components. it would have been more comparable with the iphone's troubleshooting if the water sensor was activated. I do appreciate the effort.
Expert:  Shawn replied 8 years ago.
Customer

My apologies, I should have been more clear in my response. You can't reverse the water sensor - a chemical reaction occurs when water gets in the earphone port. The sensor itself is just in indicator for Apple to figure out if you've voided the warranty, but it doesn't keep the device from functioning. The water in the device is what keeps it functioning. That's why I sent you instructions on how to try and dry out a waterlogged iPod (the same instructions apply regardless of if it's a iTouch, iPhone, etc. - water damages electronics in general, and the only hope is to dry them out).

So, if you haven't dealt with it in another way already I recommend trying the instructions in the link I sent you. I hope you're able to get your iTouch working again!!! Good luck, and thanks for trying JustAnswer!

Kind regards,

Shawn :-)