MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
15556539

now when i scan to iphoto my pics r black

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 7 years ago.
Hello, and thank for seeking technical assistance for your Mac .I am Sr. Mac Support Specialist, TD at your service.

So if I understand what you are seeking,

If possible, would you mind providing me :
• What version of Mac OS X are you using ?
• What version of iPhoto are you working with ?
• What model scanner are you using ?

Just need these few details in order for me to isolate what the issue could be.

Thanks, I await your response.

So if I understand what you are seeking, when you scan to iPhoto the pictures you scan are coming in as black images.

• What model scanner are you using ?

Thanks, I await your response.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i have a mac os x version 10.5.6 and i got a lexmark x5070 printer all in one and when i scan my pics to iphoto they r black what do i do
Appreciate the quick reply, however I do need what version of iPhoto as well.
if you can quickly send that to me, I will be working with what you have given me so far, which will help me in determining what the issue is.

Thanks.
One more question about your printer, is it a Lexmark x5070 or x5470?
Hello, I have not received a reply from you regarding the specifics of your Lexmark model or what version of .

So I am going to make an attempt to answer your question with what information I do have.
According to the compatibility chart from Lexmark US, of printers compatible with
the Mac OS X 10.5.x Leopard OS, I do not see your printer Lexmark x5070 listed as one of the
compatible printers with the version of Mac OS X you have. this could explain why you are having the issue with the scanner feature of your printer. I have taken the liberty to provide you access to the link to Lexmark's Mac OS X compatibility page below.

(If you are unable to click this link- simply copy and paste it into the window of your web browser)

http://www.lexmark.com/lexmark/sequentialem/home/0,6959,204816596_666691854_1177082303_en,00.html

Now if you find that the x5070 is just the series name and your model of Lexmark printer is actually listed on this chart via Lexmark, then please let me know . Otherwise, I can say that this could be a factor why you are unable to scan into iPhoto with the desired results.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX be awaiting your answer.

-TD
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
your answer did not help me i figured it out on my on but ill accept anyways thanks
I appreciate your generosity, but I must also inform you, that I was still researching the issue for you. I am glad you were able to resolve the issue and I can only hope my initial efforts were at least a catalyst to guide you to resolution. So that I may be of more assistance for future calls like this, what did you discover was the issue?

I ask this only if you do not mind revealing your solution.

Thank you and for contacting JustAnswer.com.

Sincerest Regards,

TD

-T