MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
15556539

I am using PocketMac Sync Manager to sync with my Blackberry

Customer Question

I am using PocketMac Sync Manager to sync with my Blackberry 8900. It successfully completed a sync the first time, but everytime I try and sync now it goes through the process, but does not complete. Last night is ran all night and never stopped. I downloaded an update to the software but it still is not working. Can you provide any guidance?
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for asking your question,
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, TD, glad to assist you.

I see that you are having an issue with using PocketMac SyncManager syncing to your Blackberry 8900.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just need a little bit of information from you.

• What version of Mac OS X are you using with on your Mac? (i.e. "Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.6")

• Can you give me an idea of what you were trying to sync at the time
(i.e. Notes, Contacts, Calendar, Bookmarks, etc.)

• What version of PocketMac Sync Manager, did you update to?

Just need this bit of information, to allow me more details so I can work to isolate this and resolve your issue.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX be looking forward to your reply.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks. Here are the answers.

I am using MAC OS X Version 10.4.11

PocketMac Sync Manager Version 4.125
I also downloaded the latest Driver

I am syncing OSMail, Addressbook and ICal.

Thanks for the reply,

Here are some steps to try in order to resolve this issue:

*Disconnect your Blackberry

-REMOVE PLIST FILES-
•Open up a new Finder window
• Click on your Home User folder>Library>Preferences folder
• From within the Preferences folder, locate these 3 plist files I
have listed below and drag (don't delete) these files onto your
Desktop for now.
• PocketMacSyncManager.plist file
• PocketMacBlackberry.plist file.
• and the PocketMacAdvancedPreferenceData.plist file.

• Once you have done this, close this Finder window and log out and then log back in.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
-RUN DISK UTILITY FIRST-

Go to Finder Menu bar
• Click Go > Utilities > Disk Utility and open up Disk Utility app.
• Click on Macintosh HD volume (or on the name you have changed
                                 this volume to.)
• Select "Repair Disk Permissions"
**Let Disk Utilities run this repair permissions until completion
- This is not often a necessary step, but in the many of the hands-on software and Mac OS X troubleshooting I have done on Macs, I almost always run it just because it does repair alot of the permissions on files which can sometimes affect how certain applications, files and folders work. It also improves your Mac's performance a bit too:)
•Next, reconnect your Blackberry and run the PocketMac Sync Manager select the OS Mail, AddressBook and iCal to sync once again.

(**Note: make sure these 3 Applications are not open when you are performing your sync with the PocketMac SyncManager and your Blackberry. There is no harm in them being open, but for this troubleshooting, keep them closed for now. *)

Here is an extra link for assisting you with syncing your Blackberry with the PocketMac SyncManager- just in case the steps I have provided you don't resolve the syncing issue.

(If you click the link and it does not open, simply copy and paste the link in your web browser)

http://www.blackberryinsight.com/2007/07/18/how-to-synchronize-my-blackberry-with-my-desktop-computer-mac-os-x/

I will be watching to see your reply if you still require more assistance.

I await your progress. Thanks!

-TD
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Unfortunately the problem is still persisting. I am going to call Blackberry to see if it is a problem with my device.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The problem still persists. I will be calling blackberry to see if it is an issue with my device. Thanks for your assistance and time.
No worries.

I just wanted to let you know, I had thoughts in that direction regarding your Blackberry, but I was not determined to make that decision until we tried as much as necessary to work with the PocketMac Sync Manager and the syncing issue, before placing the Blackberry in as the culprit of the syncing issues.

If you don't mind, if you have time, please update me what you find out. This is an interesting issue here and I think what you find out can help us to better assist on issues like this in the future.

Thanks again for your reply.

-TD