MacHelp
MacHelp, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  20+ years consulting, repairing, upgrading, teaching all things Macintosh
15364491

Recently my Finder on my MAC G4 on 10.4.11 randomly makes itself

Recently my Finder on my MAC G4 on 10.4.11 randomly makes itself on top. For example as I was just typing the Finder came to the top. Also, I can't change file names in the finder. When I try the finder blanks and the file name is XXXXX XXXXX relaunching the finder, verifing my hard-drive to no effect. Can you help?
Hi,Customer Do you now if you have a program called Stuffit installed on your computer? And can you tell me exactly what version of the Mac OS you are running?

Let me know!

Thanks,
Reid
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
10.4.11 and yes I have Stuffit Deluxe 8.0.2 and stuffit expander.
OK, the latest Quicktime update Apple sent around is conflicting with Stuffit. Please go to your Preferences under the blue Apple. Down at the bottom of the Preferences window, find the Stuffit icon. Click on it, and turn off the AVR option. Restart the computer, and all should be well.

Please let me know,

Reid
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm restarting the computer now after turning off AVR. I was able to change the name of a file in the finder without restarting. I'll reply again after restarting.
OK. Sounds like you're going to be OK. Glad it worked out!
Please click Accept to close the session.

Thanks,

Reid