Daniel, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  I'm a long time Mac User with over 15 years experience supporting mac users in K-12 education.
11976084

my Imac g5 pre dual intel has a new issue [2 days] it keeps

my Imac g5 pre dual intel has a new issue [2 days] it keeps auto switching from whichever application i'm in to finder - frustrating if you are typing, have to click back on the application again to continue? thanks Tony
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.

What was the download you installed?

What version of OSX are you running?

Do you know what you were doing when you first noticed this problem?

Thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi the download was from facebook to facilitate quick uploading of photo's from iphoto, i t never worked, was supposed to put an icon on your iphoto page, we run os 10.4.11
first noticed typing in word and entourage, it happens with any application thanks Tony
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
Do you happen to have Stuffit Deluxe installed?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
we have stuffit 10.0 installed yes
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
btw it seems any window open in finder auto closes/dissapears in moments
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
OK.

Give this a try.

Go up to your Apple Menu and select System Preferences.
Select the Stuffit icon
Disable the AVR setting

Let's see if that takes care of your problem.

Let me know.

Thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
seems to work fine thanks - how will this effect stuffit ongoing?
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
To be honest, I have no idea. I don't own this software, but it seems to be a common problem. There is an incompatability between the AVR software and Quicktime. I would think that an update for one or the other softwares would be issued to fix this problem. Keep watching for it.

I'm glad to have helped.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks very much for the assist Cool very happy
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
Here is what I found out about Archive Via Rename (AVR)

Hope this helps. It doesn't sound like a critical function, It's more of a convienence for quick archiving.

If this was helpful please click on the accept button and leave me some feedback.

Thank you.
Daniel, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: I'm a long time Mac User with over 15 years experience supporting mac users in K-12 education.