Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting

Hi, my icon for taking pictures either disappeared or I erased

Customer Question

Hi, my icon for taking pictures either disappeared or I erased it, can you help me to recover it
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.

What icon? Are you referring to iPhot, the one for managing your photos?

Or PhotoBooth, the one for using the built-in camera for taking pictures?

Is the icon missing from the Dock?

Let me know,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes the photo icon for taking the pictures, I can still manage the photo's I have but can't take any more
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes the icon is missing from the dock :(
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Sorry for the delay.

Please go to your Finder (click on the blue faced icon) and then click on the Go menu and choose Applications.

Look in here and see if the application Photo Booth is in there. If so, double-click it to open and then you will see the icon in the dock again.

Hold down your left mouse button/mouse button/trackad button on the icon in the dock and a menu will popup. Choose Leave in Dock and the icon will now stay there for you to use.

Hope this helps,
_____________________________________________
If this Answer has helped you, please click Accept so I can be
paid for assisting. Positive Feedback is also appreciated!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
On this iphone I don't have half the things you're discribing to me, or at least I can't find them. Are we on the same page?
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
iPhone?

You never said iPhone. I thought you meant the Mac.

Sorry about that. Macs have a camera and software icons for taking pictures too.

If the iPhone is missing the icon for Camera, then look at the bottom of the page of icons, above the bottom row and see if there are any little dots there. Each dot is a page of Apps, another Home screen. Tap on the area of dots or swipe to the left or right with your finger and there will be another page of Apps.

Is the Camera icon there?

Let me know,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Wink I found out that I had accidentally turned on the restriction button by mistake, and "fixed my own problem." The info you gave was helpful though, THANKS :)
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
No problem, always here to help.