John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering
Experience:  Worked on Macs and PC's for 20+ years.

I cannot connect my mac to my yahoo plus mail.

Customer Question

I can receive emails, but I cannot send them. My error message says: The SMTP server "" doesn't support TLS (SSL) on port 25. Plesae check your account setting and try again. I have no idea what to do.
Category: Mac
Expert:  John D replied 7 years ago.

For yahoo mail try changing the SMTP port to 465, and select 'This server requires a secure connection (SSL)'.

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The line is already checked that says "Use default Ports (25,465,587) and the Secure Connection is already checked.

Expert:  John D replied 7 years ago.

If you have an option to select port 465 specifically please go ahead and do that, then try to send email again.

Let me know.

Thanks for the accept.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
THose options are already checked! Still not working.
Expert:  John D replied 7 years ago.

Ok, but I thought you said the error message was " doesn't support TLS (SSL) on port 25" . That is why I asked you to change to port 465.

Can you please try sending another email (say to your own address) and let me know what the exact error message says.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm so confused. Now it says "Please enter the password XXXXX user [email protected] on SMTP server “” I keep entering my yahoo password XXXXX it doesn't work and now I enter my mac password XXXXX it doesn't work. How can I change the password?
Expert:  John D replied 7 years ago.

Ok, this means that either the mail server is temporarily down or there is another setting problem. Before you make any other changes I suggest that you try again in a couple of hours and see if it will work.

Let me know.