Dave Huber
Dave Huber, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Mac user since 1984, Mac Support Specialist since 1999. In charge of over 700 Macs at current job.

I have a MacBook running OS X 10.5.6. The main function for

Customer Question

I have a MacBook running OS X 10.5.6. The main function for this computer is running ProTools LE and T-Racks 3 mastering software. I run T-Racks in stand alone mode only, and I get a kernel protection failure during processing and am booted out of T-Racks. Any suggestion on how to fix, deal with problem?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dave Huber replied 7 years ago.

Sorry for your trouble. Do you have a firewire audio interface hooked up to this computer? If so, is it possible for you to disconnect it and run the software without it? This is the first thing I would do to try to narrow the problem down. There are a lot of problems reported with firewire audio interfaces and Mac OS X 10.5.

I look forward to your response.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

Fire wire is attached to the Digitech 03 which is the interface box for ProTools LE which must be attached to run protools, however protools has not bombed in this fashion.

Tested T-Racks 03 processing without firewire being connected. Same results, Kernel Protection Failure.

okay, give me a few minutes....

I am very sorry, but I do not believe I am going to be able to cut it on this one. I strongly suggest you give IK Multimedia tech support a call. Go to, choose support, then "Contact Tech Support."

I am going to opt out in case another expert can chime in to help.

Good luck and take care, Nick.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks Dave