Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My Mac keeps rebooting when in windows mode why is it doing

Customer Question

My Mac keeps rebooting when in windows mode why is it doing this how do i stop it ?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Claws224 replied 8 years ago.

HI,

Can you tell us what OS version you are running and the exact wording of the C++ error you are receiving?

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have latest version of mac leopard 10,5,6. Windows is so peofesional service pack 3. The run time error appeared briefly while I was browsing to find mac forums to solve prob. Only time I have seen error message av
And therefore it is best I can do from my memory.

If computer tuning on desk top I get no message screen goes blue with White writing as when installing windows. It happens so quickly I cannot read the screen

Hope this helps

Regards. Nick Weston
Expert:  Claws224 replied 8 years ago.

Ok,

Can you tell me if your copy of XP is a full version, Not an OEM from another machine or an upgrade disk?

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It is an oen version I did not realize this when I bought it. I have mac book pro running on similar and no problems.
Maybe Inac is more sensitive. Please advise what I should do next - thanks
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi it's nearly 24 hours since I heard from you do you have any other thoughts on how to rectify my iMac windows re booting problem

Thanks

Nick Weston

Expert:  Claws224 replied 8 years ago.

Sorry Nick,

I am usually here from 6pm onwards.

Now can you tell me what type of machine this OEM version is for?

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
On one version it Sony on the other it doesn't say. I used the Sony version on mac book pro and then again on iMac because no problems with MacBook I used the serial no of unmarked version to register. So I guess the short answer to your question is Sony

Regards nick

Ps thanks for letting me know your times are you in Uk or us ?

Expert:  Claws224 replied 8 years ago.

I am in the Eastern US.

How did you activate these copies of XP and did they activate properly?

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes they did on line in the usual way automatically. I should have realized this own business. I was being driven by price and wasn't thinking too much about microsoft intracacies of licencing or even that it might be bespoke for a particular machine. Hope you have a solution monat v tight at this time.

Look forward to hearing from you later

All the best

Nick
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Do you have any more thoughts ?

Regards

Nick Weston