Hello, and thank for seeking technical assistance for your Mac .I am Sr. Mac Support Specialist, TD at your service.
In order to reset your password XXXXX any Mac OS X platform
all you need to do is:
BOOT TO TIGER/LEOPARD DISK-
• Place your installation Disk (Tiger or Leopard I presume) into your drive and allow it to load.
• Restart your Mac
• As soon as you hear the Apple Chime, press the "C" key on your keyboard and hold it.
• you will see a White Screen, Grey Apple first, do not release the C key until you see a Spinning gear.
• Once you see that Spinning gear, release your C key and allow the disk to continue loading
- RESETTING PASSWORD-
• When the booting to the Mac OS X disc is completed, you will be in the Installer environment
• Enter to next page, look up on upper left corner you should see "Installer" near the Apple menu.
• Two spaces over you should see Utilities. Click Utilities>Reset Password.
• Select your user name from the drop down list and reset your password.
• When you are done, simply exit the Reset Password XXXXX Installer and reboot.
• At the Login window, enter your new password XXXXX you should be back into your home profile.
**Here is the link for future resets should you have to repeat this process again:
If you have any questions regarding these steps to reset your Administrator password, please do not hesitate to reply to this email.
Thanks for your question!