MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years

i cant get my mail

Customer Question

i cant get my mail
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 7 years ago.
Hello, and thank for seeking technical assistance for your Mac .I am Sr. Mac Support Specialist, TD at your service.

So if I understand what you are seeking, you are unable to get your mail

If possible, would you mind providing me :
• What is the Mac OS X platform you are using ? (i.e. Mac OS X 10.5.5 Leopard, etc)
• Who is your Internet Service Provider (ISP)?
• Are you trying to access your mail directly from your email service's website (i.e "webmail") or are you trying to use the Mac OS X Mail application that comes with your Mac OS X

This information you provide, will assist me in working to resolve your email issue.
Thanks, I await your response.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i have a mac os x, 10.5.6
i have orange broadband
i am trying to access it thru mail
In order to use the Mac OS X Mail application in Leopard, all you need are these 4 key bits of information

• Your email address
• Your password
• The Incoming server address (for receiving mail)
• The Outgoing server address (for sending mail)

For the incoming and outgoing server address for your mail, you will need to get that from your ISP (Internet Service Provider)

**An example would be like a well known ISP called
their incoming server address is:
and their outgoing server address is:

If you can obtain this incoming and outgoing server information from your ISP (or if you already have it) along with your email address and password, you will be on your way to using Mac OS X Mail to retrieve your emails and sending out emails.

To help you further here is a how to knowledgebase from Apple which will guide you in setting up your first email in Mac OS X Mail in Leopard

If you run into any challenges setting your email account, this is the best how to guide from Apple directly.

If that is still not working for you, just let me know and I will respond to assist as soon as possible.