Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

Does pocketmac sync when using Mac OS 10.5.6

Customer Question

Does pocketmac sync when using Mac OS 10.5.6?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Claws224 replied 8 years ago.

Are you having issues syncing with pocket mac?

Let us know

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
PocketMac launches but locks up part way through syncing tasks. Consequently a few things will sync each time but it is never complete.
Expert:  Claws224 replied 8 years ago.

Ok,

Can you tell me if you try using the sync does your pocket mac ask you to delete or replace any contacts?

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
PocketMac does not ask for anything. It just ceases to progress through the sync process. Before I encountered this problem there would be times when it asked me to add an event back to the device or remove it from my desktop.
Expert:  Claws224 replied 8 years ago.

Ok,

Can you go into the settings for Pocketmac and uncheck sync appointments then try to sync again and let meknow what happens.

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I unchecked calendar but the sync process still will not complete. I also reduced the age on tasks to 30 days. Still won't complete the sync process.
Expert:  Claws224 replied 8 years ago.

Ok,

Can you go through one by one and disable sync options starting with Contacts next till you get a response then let me know which option was the last you turned off.

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I can sync all functions except Calendar. If I turn calendar off it will complete the sync process for all other functions. If I turn all other functions off except calendar it still will not complete the sync function for calendar.
Expert:  Claws224 replied 8 years ago.

Ok,

That is what I wanted to confirm.

Could you Go To:your Macintosh HD/System/Library/Extensions folder and then delete the files called BlackberryUSB.kext and BlackberryUSBDev.kext then empty the Trash.

Next can you Install the driver updates from the Blackberry Website and then restart your mac http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/software/desktop.jsp#tab_tab_downloads

After it restarts plug in the Blackberry first then launch the PocketSync APP and click on the Blackberry icon.

Let me know what happens.

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The sync process completes for contacts but hangs while trying to sync the calendar.

Thanks for sticking with me on these. I have been tempted to throw my BB out the window many times!
Expert:  Claws224 replied 8 years ago.

Ok,

did you get any errors or issues when you tried the update?

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No errors or issues. I gave up on the process when it had made no progress after 5 minutes.