Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm
12024030

Ive installed Leopard on my macbook pro and now mail doesnt

Customer Question

I've installed Leopard on my macbook pro and now mail doesn't work and all prior emails are missing. Do you have any suggestions?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 5 years ago.

In Mail, choose your mailbox and go to the Mailbox menu and make sure that the Work Offline is NOT checked. Also in this menu, choose Rebuild Mailbox. This will contact the mail server and will rebuild your mailbox to what is on the server.

Brandon
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience: 10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the reply regarding my missing mail. I have tried the suggestions you gave but unfortunately this did not work. Do you have any other suggestions??

Thank you.

Cindy
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your suggestions which I did but unfortunately, this didn't solve the problem. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,
cindy
Cindy,

Let's check to see if you have corrupted preferences. Make sure Mail is closed. Go to the Go menu and choose Home. Double click Library, then Mail. In here, please delete MessageRules.plist and MessageRules.plist.backup. Then go back to Library (click the back arrow) and then open Preferences. In here, look for and delete com.apple.Mail.plist. Once these have been deleted, please reopen Mail.

Brandon