MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years

I cant import photos from canon powershot SD770 is to ip

I can't import photos from canon powershot SD770 is to iphoto.
Hello and thank you for your question. I am Sr. Mac Support Specialist, TD, ready to assist you.

If I may ask,
*What version of Mac OS X do you have?

(i.e. Leopard 10.5x or for Mac OS X Tiger 10.4 x - "x" denotes the current version for the operating system you have)
* What version of iPhoto are you using in your Mac?

(To locate the version for this application, make sure the iPhoto application name is XXXXX XXXXX Apple Menu icon on upper left side of your Apple Menu bar, then click on iPhoto>About iPhoto and you should see your version number.)

This information provided, will assist me better in working toward resolving your technical issue.

I await your reply. Thanks!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Leopard 10.5.6 and Iphoto 09.

Thanks for the updates:

Per the Aperture Digital Camera Raw Support which is being used to also cover current versions of iPhoto (08-09) per Apple,

Your Canon Powershot SD770 Digital Camera, is unfortunately not on the supported list of Digital cameras that do work. This does not mean that this may not be the case when Apple releases the Aperture Digital Camera Raw Support list (which should also include Digital camera update compatibility for iPhoto 09), but that will be Apple's call.

Here is that link:

This would explain why the import option is grayed out in iPhoto 09 when your camera is connected. You may also want to check with the Canon website for your camera, to see if they may have updates available for Mac OS X Leopard 10.5x.

Here is that link:
(If link does not work, simply copy and paste the link into the address window of your browser)

I regret that I could find no solution for this request.
If I can be of further assistance, please let me know.