Daniel, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  I'm a long time Mac User with over 15 years experience supporting mac users in K-12 education.

my email icon has disappeared from my desktop. I dont remember

Customer Question

my email icon has disappeared from my desktop. I don't remember what name I set it up in nor the date, but I have never had trouble before. My account [email protected]   Can you give me a number to call or help me find my account?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 years ago.

What email program do you use and was it located on the Dock with your other Applications?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I use mac. come. Yes, it was located on my dock. I just had a window pop up that I was
using last (yesterday) It doesn't have all the mail in the inbox. And I'm afraid if I close it it I won't have an icon to open it again. Ug! I use it daily, and this is very frustrating.
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 years ago.
If you go to Macintosh HD>Applications>Do you see your email Applications in there?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, I think it does. How do I copy and drag onto the dock?
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 years ago.

Click and hold on the icon in your Applications folder and pull it to your dock. Do not let go until the other application icons move aside and open up a space for you to let the email icon go.

That should place the icon back on your dock.

The good thing about the dock is that it is filled with alias icons, not the real application, so if you end up loosing any other icon from the dock you can always get it back from the Applications folder where the original is kept.

Let me know if you still have difficulty.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you so much. It looks like this will work. Also, how do I contact to see if I am using the right user ID?
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 years ago.
I assume you are using MobileMe?

You can go to this support site:

and click on the Account & Billing and select Member Name and Password.

There are instructions there on how to retrieve your account information.

Because you didn't actually loose your program though, everything should still work as normal.