John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering
Experience:  Worked on Macs and PC's for 20+ years.
53785

I am using excel. I need to find a way to add text at the end

I am using excel. I need to find a way to add text at the end of more text seamlessly. For instance I am using this because I have a list of names. After these name I need to put "@gmail.com". I need this text to be right after the text. I am using concatenate but it is leaving a space between the text. I need to have this done in a way where I can import it to my gmail account.
Category: Mac
Expert:  John D replied 5 years ago.

Let's say that the names are XXXXX XXXXX A starting from cell A2, and the email server names are XXXXX XXXXX B starting from cell B2,

in cell C2 paste or type the following formula:

=TRIM(A2)&TRIM(B2)

Then fill this formula down to the last row (Edit > Fill > Down)

Finally if you want to fix the results select column C, click Edit > Copy, then click Edit > Paste Special > Values. Now you can copy the list in column C to other applications.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

John D, BS Degree in Engineering
Experience: Worked on Macs and PC's for 20+ years.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
there is nothing in column b.
Expert:  John D replied 5 years ago.

That was just an example because i do not know which columns your data is in.

If you can tell me which column has the Names and which column has the email servers I will modify the formula to work with these columns.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
column a has names and I need to add @gmail.com to the end of those names. It needs to be in such a way that I can than in turn import them to my gmail contacts
Expert:  John D replied 5 years ago.

I see, so you want @gmail.com added to ALL the names.

In that case paste or type this formula in cell B2:

=TRIM(A2)&"@gmail.com"

And then follow the rest of the instructions in my previous post.

Let me know.