Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
4906461

We cannot eject CD....no icon on screen. What do you sugge

Customer Question

We cannot eject CD....no icon on screen. What do you suggest?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hi.

I do not have access to that book, so can you describe for me the ways you have already tried so I don't make you do something twice?

Thanks,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
MIKE: FIRST OFF...THERE IS NO CD ICON IN THE SIDEBAR SO I CANNOT DRAG IT DOWN TO THE TRASH

I QUIT THE APPLICATION THAT MAY BE USING THE DISC AND THEN PRESSED THE MEDIA EJECT KEY ON THE KEYBOARD...STILL NO DISC!

I ALSO TURNED THE ENTIRE SYSTEM DOWN AND RESTARTED THE COMPUTER ...STILL NO ICON ON THE SIDEBAR.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
OK.

This can happen from time to time, so no biggie.

Turn off the Mac.When you turn it back on, keep your Mouse button (left) or trackpad button down until the disk pops out.

This should help. Check the disk for scratches/dirt. This may be the reason it got stuck without showing on the desktop.

_____________________________________________
If this Answer has helped you, please click Accept so I can be
paid for assisting. Positive Feedback is also appreciated!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry Mike: Still no disc..

Trackpad button??
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Yes, if you have a laptop, use the Trackpad button. If a Desktop, use the left mouse button (or only button if a single button mouse).

You have to have the button down as soon as you hit the power key and keep it down. this should eject any media in all drives.

If the disk does not pop out, silly question I know, is there a disk in there?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No pop out...your question is not silly...I had the same thought but I'm sure it's still in there. Should I
attempt to place another CD in the slot to see what happens"
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
That would be my next thought, but first, do this:

Go to your Apple Menu and choose About this Mac...

In here click on the More Info button

Look in this window for Disk Burning

On the right side, look at the summary and at the bottom, next to media, is there anything listed under that item?

Let me know,
mike
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Here's the background on my disc problem.   We purchased an iPod. We went to iTunes - registered there and then decided to download one of our own CD's. The CD icon showed up on the sidebar. When we went to eject it by using the media eject key, the icon disappeared but no disc came out.

REGARDING YOUR REPLAY...YES. "Insert Media and refresh to show available burn speeds
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
OK.

According to the drive, there is nothing in there.

Try to gently insert another disk. If you get any resistance right near the entrance, do not force it in.

If you get no resistance, keep pushing to see if the drive accepts it.

Let me know,
Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The problem is solved but we still don't know where the CD went to. Really, we think it's in there someplace. Maybe it will POP UP some day. Thanks Mike and Happy New Year!
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
LOL....

I don't think it is, but nothing surprises me much anymore.

thank you for the Accept and have a great year.