Jeremy Chow
Jeremy Chow, Mac Genius
Experience:  Use of Mac OS both professionally (design/web oriented) and individually for the past 7 years
14676049

am unable to create or open an existing file in Disc Cover

Customer Question

am unable to create or open an existing file in Disc Cover 2. What is the issue?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jeremy Chow replied 5 years ago.
Did the program ever work properly ie. when you first installed it?

A recent OSX update caused some applications to stop working (I experienced this myself) - it might be worth trying the most recent system update | -> Apple icon (top left of the screen) -> Software Update |

This fixed a couple of issues I had with third party applications.

Let me know if this is of any help - or if you have any updates on your situation.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Jeremy,

Thanks for the response. I checked for Belight software updates and downloaded what appeared the most recent. The only Apple software update is for my Canon digital camera. I have not downloaded that update.

I have been unable to relocate Belight's software support. I read there a couple of weeks ago that a file within the software may be missing. In the meantime, I used "Time Machine" to restore the original program file; that did not help either. Please advise.

Bill
Hi again,

Thanks for the update.

It appears that other people may be having similar issues; I'm not sure if you have seen the thread in the Belight forum with a problem relating to your issue - http://www.belightsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3718

Take a look at that thread and see if any of the suggestions help remedy your problem.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks again for the response. Your answers do not help. I have followed the instructions in the Belight Forum. The files referenced do not exist on my computer. Meanwhile, I removed the software from my computer again and reloaded. It does not help.

If you can offer another suggestion feel free. If not, I will contact Apple and return the software to the store and let them remove from my computer.
Hi again,

Sorry that I was unable to help on this occasion - I hope you have better luck when you contact Apple. :-)

Please let me know if I can assist you in any other way.

Kind regards
Jeremy
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks; I just re-registered the software with Belight with a note at the bottom regarding my issues. I am confident I will not get a response. Thanks for the assist just the same; meanwhile, there is no need to reply.

Bill