Daniel, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  I'm a long time Mac User with over 15 years experience supporting mac users in K-12 education.
11976084

I have a lombard 300mhz laptop running 9.2 OS (320 megs ram

I have a lombard 300mhz laptop running 9.2 OS (320 megs ram 20 gig harddrive)and when it starts up it says there is a cache memory problem. Contact an apple technician. What needs to be done to solve this problem?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 years ago.

There is apparently a problem with the Cache memory on the computer. It may not manifest any problems at this time, other than the warning and the need to use the reset button to start it up, but it could eventually lead to corrupt data and failure to start up.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=51159

To fix it, it will probably require a replacement microprocessor board.

Something to try before replacing the processor board would be to reseat the microprocessor daughter board and any RAM you have installed.