KevinK
KevinK, Apple Certified Trainer
Experience:  10 years with Mac computers, Certified trainer for various software, nationwide workshop presenter

How do I network my Epson printer thru my AirPort Express to

How do I network my Epson printer thru my AirPort Express to my MacBook (OS X v.10.5.6)?
Category: Mac
Expert:  KevinK replied 5 years ago.
Hello:

Let's try to work on your situation.

Can you tell me the Printer Model of the Epson that you have?

Kevin
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is an Epson Stylus CX8400 Printer/Scanner/Fax. When I go to utilities, it tries to find it hardwired in. I used to print with it plugged directly into the computer and I tried it to make sure something wasn't wrong with the printer - and it still works fine when I have it plugged in directly to the computer. Just can't get it to work through the wireless router!
Expert:  KevinK replied 5 years ago.

Hello:

If the computer is on the AirPort network, open Printer Setup Utility, located in the Utilities folder in the Applications folder, and select your printer from the list.

If the printer is not listed, click Add, and then choose Bonjour from the pop-up menu. Select your printer, and click Add.

If this doesn't work, let's try some more things.

Kevin

KevinK, Apple Certified Trainer
Experience: 10 years with Mac computers, Certified trainer for various software, nationwide workshop presenter
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is no printer setup utility in the utilities folder - it had that in the manual too. This is my first mac, so I might not be doing something right...? I am all ears!

~Julia
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I figured it out. You have to go through airport utility and instead of using bonjour, the only way I could add the networked printer was to add it in the midst of a print job. I also had to create a second name for the printer when I'm using it wirelessly since I hard-wired it once already. Thanks and keep the change.