John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering
Experience:  Worked on Macs and PC's for 20+ years.

I have two checking accounts on my Quicken. When making a

Customer Question

I have two checking accounts on my Quicken. When making a report the entries from both accounts will appear. What can I do to prevent this?
Category: Mac
Expert:  John D replied 7 years ago.

You can add or remove accounts to the report by using the Customize setting in the report. Just open the report, then click the Customize button on the upper right corner, then click the Accounts tab, and uncheck the boxes for the accounts that you do not want to include in the report. (please note that these instructions may be slightly different for the mac version or even between different versions of quicken within the same platform, but the principle should be the same).

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
One of my checking accounts is for a senior citizens club and the other is a women's church group. When I try to run a yearly report for the senior citizens group some of the categories from the church group appear. For instance, foreign missions and benevolences appear in the senior citizen report and they are not part of the senior citizen program.
Expert:  John D replied 7 years ago.

As I mentioned you should have a 'customize' option where you can select or deselect accounts that you want to include or exclude in your yearly report. Here is the screenshot of the Customize Report window, hope it will help you locate it in your version.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I just ran a report again and both checking accounts are in the same report. I can't separate them. I can't find a "Customize Report" tab anywhere.
Expert:  John D replied 7 years ago.

Ok, Click on the link below to open the Quicken for mac user guide:

Then go to page 292 to see where the Customize button is. Then jump to page 296 to see where to find the pop up menu to select which account should appear in the report, as shown below

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hooray!   I think I've got it! Thanks alot.

Expert:  John D replied 7 years ago.

Glad to hear that. Thanks for the accept.