Rob, Mac Genius
Experience:  14 years Mac experience, 10 years Mac Consulting, ran a printshop for 23 years.

MacBook - Mailboxes. I want to completely delete a mailbox

MacBook - Mailboxes. I want to completely delete a mailbox from the list of mailboxes. When I click "delete mailbox" it browns it out but does not remove it from the list. I also want to change the name of a new mailbox I added. I put the wrong info in description I think and now can't change the name in the mailbox list.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Rob replied 7 years ago.

For both of your questions Control Clicking should do the trick. Hold the Control key while clicking on a Mailbox and you'll get a list and one of the choices is Rename Mailbox. In that same list from Control Clicking is Delete Mailbox. Make sure you are highlighting the correct mailbox when you delete one though.

If that doesn't delete it right away, quit Mail then launch it again. If it's not gone then, open a Finder window, click on your Home Folder on the left sidebar, then open the folder named Library, then open the folder named Mail. Inside Mail's folder there will be another folder that has the name of your email address in it. Inside that folder is where the folder you want to delete is. Find it and drag it to the trash. Make sure Mail is not running when you do this.