Rob, Mac Genius
Experience:  14 years Mac experience, 10 years Mac Consulting, ran a printshop for 23 years.

Previously I had purchased and installed Photoshop CS2 and

Previously I had purchased and installed Photoshop CS2 and the upgrade to CS3. Now, in my harddrive I think I have removed the CS2 by mistake. I am wondering how I can reinstall the CS2, since the CS3 is only an upgrade.?

You should be able to install CS2 again. Even though CS3 is an upgrade, it is a full version. Adobe only offers a special price because you are an owner of a previous CS. So, the upgrade means it's a special price but it's still a full version of the application.

Usually on upgrades, especially from Adobe when you install an upgrade, the installer application searches your hard drive for a previous version to allow you to install the upgrade. If the installer application can't find a previous version, the installer application will ask for a previous version serial number.

So, go ahead and install CS2 again. It should install fine.