The MacWhisperer
The MacWhisperer, Professional Mac Guru
Experience:  25+ years on the Mac, 6+ years as a Mac Guru running a computer consultant company.
11634089

My macbookpro freezes up on my contantly. Im always shutting

My macbookpro freezes up on my contantly. I'm always shutting it down and restarting to get it moving again. What's happening?
Category: Mac
Expert:  The MacWhisperer replied 8 years ago.
Has this always happened or is it a recent development?

What operating system are you running? (You can find out by going to the apple menu and selecting about this mac).

If this is a new development has something changed recently? An update or a RAM upgrade?

When it freezes does it just stop responding (the mouse freezing etc...), or does it give you a message stating that yo must restart?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It's been happening for about 6 months, but it's getting worse. Mac OS X 10.4.11. When I turn the computer on, it works fine until I get to about the 5th website while browsing. When I click to a site, it starts to load and then stops. The mouse works fine. I can X out of the page. But when I try to get on another, it does the same thing. I don't ever get a message. I end up having to restart to get it going again. I tried using firefox to see if it made a difference to no avail. safari is my default. I have tried shutting the airport and internet connection down and restarting which has no effect either. My wife has a Mac as well, she doesn't have problems.
Try going under the Safari menu and emptying the cache. I understand it is happening with multiple browsers, but lets focus on one at a time. You can also do a full reset on Safari, but you may lose saved data and forms.

Also, go to the Apple Menu and run a software update to make sure you are running the latest versions of everything.

Also, go to the utilities folder, and run disk utility. From there, run a disk permission repair, and see if that helps the situation out.