Rob, Mac Genius
Experience:  14 years Mac experience, 10 years Mac Consulting, ran a printshop for 23 years.

How do you manage the icons on the desktop of MAC My kids

How do you manage the icons on the desktop of MAC? My kids used my computer and I now have duplicate icons as well as items saved to my desktop. How can I get my desktop back to the way it was when I got it and still save the kid's photo booth items as well?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Rob replied 7 years ago.

You can take the duplicate icons and click them once to highlight them, then hit command (right next to the spacebar) and delete to throw them away. If the kids have PhotoBooth items on the Desktop you can Control Click on the Desktop and in the menu that pops up select New Folder and name the folder PhotoBooth Items. Then drag the PhotoBooth items in that folder. That way, you'll have one folder with all of the PhotoBooth items in it instead of scattered across the desktop.

To clean up the desktop you can again control click on the Desktop and select Clean Up from the menu that pops up and there is also a Arrange By to select from in that menu also.

Other items saved to your desktop can be put in your Documents folder. That's where most people put saved items.